expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 28 May 2015

MAY YARN HAUL

Yaaayyyy! My new woollies have arrived in the post. This is my second big yarn haul. I usually buy from Dermores, and they're pretty fast to ship...but it honestly still feels like f-o-r-e-v-e-r when you're as impatient as me! 



Aren't they scrumptious? This time, I stocked up on some more Stylecraft Special DK (that hasn't arrived yet) and some Rico Cotton DK. It will be my first time working with Rico yarn, but I can see already it has a completely different texture to the Stylecraft.


It's almost silky in appearance, sort of like Patons Smoothie DK, which I also really like. These rico balls are only 50g, so they're more expensive than Stylecraft, but I like the brightness of the colours and the silky texture, so I think they're worth it. 


I bought it because I want to make some festive bunting like Lucy's over in Attic24, but since it feels a little more luxurious than I was expecting I think I might also try to make a mandala or something special out of it. They recommend you use a 3 or 4 mm hook - I'm inclined to go with the 3, since I prefer the look of smaller stitches. But I didn't bring my hook with me to work today, so no lunch-time hooking for me *sad face*

I really hope my Stylecraft will arrive in the post today so I can continue on with my Stripey Blanket.  

Here's to the nearly weekend!


No comments :

Post a Comment